Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ancestry.com

Well, I deleted my family tree I had started and began all over again. I have about 4 other family trees that when I get them incorporated into the newest one, I will delete them to so there won't be any more confusion. All the family trees I had on there relate to me so I started with myself and will connect every one to me through other people. I also found I had another account where I had started a second tree on one of the surnames, so I logged in and deleted that family tree to. There were just too many of my own plus all the other's that have some connection to mine showing up in those little green leaves. I look at most of them but I don't accept them unless they have some information I don't have that I know would be correct and can double check easily. As soon as I finish with one Surname tree I will go in and delete it so that it doesn't keep coming up. I won't continue them either so there is no reason to keep them on there. I was going to put all my family on FTM and then upload it to Ancestry but I didn't and doubt if I will now. I may later download all the information I have on Ancestry to my FTM and see if that works. When it is sync'd, I can work in one and automatically update the other one instead of keyboarding it all in again on the other one. Well, I really wish I had done that before getting it so large, but it's not to late so I may try that about 2 in the morning when it's free to upload and download and doesn't use up my allotted megabytes for the day. That really sucks if you know what I mean. I have trouble with the slowness of this Internet connection anyway. It just dies all of a sudden and the screens' are stuck and nothing moves, back or forward or anywhere. So it may be doing something in the background either on the Internet or on my computer but it sure stops me working when it happens. I miss the problem and trouble free days - Oh, I've never had any! Wishing and hoping and thinking and wishing and hoping and thinking. I'm outa here. Got work to do.

No comments: